Musical theatre auditions will be held for PACA's production of THE FANTASTICKS with music by Harvey Schmidt and book and lyrics by Tom Jones and directed by Bob Martin.
Audition Date, Time, and Location
Monday & Tuesday, December 12 & 13 at 7:30pm
1505 State Street, 2nd floor, Erie, PA
January 27/28, February 2/3/4, and 10/11
- The Boy (Matt) - Male - Lead Baritone
- The Girl (Luisa) - Female - Lead Soprano
- The Narrator (El Gallo) - Male - Lead Baritone
- The Actor (Henry) - Male - Supporting Spoken
- The Girl's Father (Bellomy) - Male - Supporting Baritone
- The Boy's Father (Hucklebee) - Male - Supporting Baritone
- The Man Who Dies (Mortimer) - Male - Featured Spoken
- The Mute - Either Gender - Featured Silent
- Prepare 32 bars of any song of your choice.
- Please bring your own accompaniment (sheet music or instrumental track on a Bluetooth capable device).
- A pianist and Bluetooth speaker will be provided.
- Audition sides will be provided during the check-in process (there is no need to prepare and memorize a monologue).
- There will be no movement audition.
Whimsical, poignant, and romantic, The Fantasticks is an allegorical story that focuses on two young lovers, their meddling fathers, and the journey we all must take through adolescent thrills, the growing pains of hurt and betrayal, the highs of passion, the challenges of distance, and the agonies of heartbreak to discover how to truly love. In a theatrical and inventive fashion, our gallant and enigmatic narrator--El Gallo--introduces us to a pair of young lovers, Matt and Luisa, who experience the magical, moonlit phase of falling in love. For a time, romance seems perpetually exciting, and heroics seem always to save the day. However, El Gallo leads our young protagonists from the romantic moonlight into the harsh sunshine, where the weaknesses in their relationship are exposed and the reality of the struggles and heartache love brings is revealed. With the understanding that "without a hurt the heart is hollow," Matt and Luisa manage to find their own identities, and in turn, to discover their strengths as a couple in times of both darkness and light. With the record for the longest American theatrical run, The Fantasticks is a gem of the American musical theatre. Featuring timeless classics like "Try to Remember" and "Soon It's Gonna Rain," this simple and beautiful ensemble piece is as beloved and as timely as it was when it opened over 50 years ago.